Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 139

    A walk in the park.

    April 18, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    Trish, Janette and I went for a walk in the local park, Castle Hill Heritage Park. This is Trish's regular walk with her dog, Pippa. There are stone blocks at regular intervals along the path and Pippa will sit on each, wait for Trish to catch up knowing she will get a treat.

    The following is taken from the park website:-

    Castle Hill Heritage Park, located off Banks Road in Castle Hill, is a nationally significant site being one of the earliest and potentially least known Government Farms dating back to 1801. The farm was the staging point for the first-ever convict rebellion on Australian soil in 1804.

    The park’s features include concrete walking tracks, picnic areas, playground and public toilets in a heritage-listed site within a bushland setting. The majority of the reserve is accessible for people with disabilities.

    With its 20 hectares of rolling landscaped hills and remnant Blue Gum forest, Heritage Park is a great location for family picnicking, walking and learning about nature. It is the birthplace of Castle Hill.

    Home to the critically endangered ecological community Blue Gum High Forest, Castle Hill Heritage Park is one of the largest remaining stands of Blue Gum High Forest reserved in the world. The threatened species Powerful Owl is known to use Castle Hill Heritage Park for hunting.
    Read more