Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    What a Day (Part 1)

    June 13, 2016 in Panama ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    After enjoying a few days with the National Lloyds people it was time to go home. We all have had a travel experience that was either strange, complicated, or long and adds to the adventure of the trip. Well here is what happened to us on our return trip.

    An early morning (4:00 am) start to leave the hotel by 5:15 for a 8:00 departure. From Panama City to DFW by air approximately 4 hours and some change. Should put in around 12:45 pm and home around 2:30 pm.

    Arrived at the airport and two trips through TSA and we are at our gate. Load the airplane and after two computer restarts (A319) the flight crew informed us that it will be at least an hour to fix the problem so they had us exit the aircraft.

    Shortly after being advised of our new gate we find out that our departure time is now 10:00 am. Mary continues to work her email and all is good. At 10:15 am we go back through a security check and are placed in a waiting area with 8 seats to wait for boarding. Shortly thereafter we find out that we will board around 12:00-12:15.

    We are now beginning to wonder if they want us to leave Panama. They informed us that we will board at 1:15 pm and depart at 2:00 pm. We board at 1:30 pm and waited for maintenance to bring the log book so we can depart. Around 2:00 pm we are airborne.
    Read more