Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    What a Day! (Part 2)

    June 13, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    About an hour before landing the pilot tells us we have been delayed in the air a little due to weather at DFW and should be on the ground about 7:10 pm.

    After landing we think we are going straight to the gate but wait that wouldn't fit with the rest of the flight. We land and taxi to a holding area on the south side if the airport to wait for the gate we have been assigned to open. At 7:30 pm we proceed to the gate. After we get there we have to wait another 10 minutes for them to perp the gate for us. Wait we have to clear customs.

    I had read that you can speed up the process if you use Mobile Passport so I did. We hit the Mobile Passport line and its non-stop to baggage claim where we wait for the flights from Cancun and Cozumel to to collect their bags. Mind you they landed after us. 45 minutes later we have our bags and are now in line for Customs and Border control. This takes another 30 minutes. We are finally able to now wait for the terminal link to take us to terminal C where we parked. We load the bags in the truck and head for the house with the mind set we'd be home by 10:00-10:15. Except there was an accident and a detour on our way home.
    Read more