Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    #4 Happo One, Okonimiyaki & Spicy!

    March 7 in Japan ⋅ ☁️ -3 °C

    Day 3 of snowboarding 🏂. Despite both of us incurring injuries yesterday, there shall be no rest days! Jays calf was no better, and he was wondering how it was so sore - turns out it's from him getting whacked by the chairlifts consistently, so silly!
    I was another lovely 830 bus ride just around the corner, which meant a sleep in.
    The mountain itself was much bigger than we anticipated, and our injuries didn't hold us back at all, really. Jay still had consistency with foot issues while being in bindings, and we stopped regularly for him to get feeling back in after unstrapping.
    There was plenty of POW around. We got stuck a bunch, Esther discovered she could get out if POW by tobogganing on her snowboard, and we got plenty of tree runs in.
    We switched both our boards again and headed home for a wash and onsen.
    Dinner was okonimiayaki, and it was Oishi! Run by a Son and his Father, this small restaurant served up some delightful foods. Jay tried some odd drinks; a beer with tomato juice called the red eye, and another was beer and Ginger ale.
    Rather tipsy and quite full, we were back in the lodge bar, had a drink, or 2 and chatted with the staff.
    A good day 😌
    Read more