Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    #5 Iwatake Mountain

    March 8 in Japan ⋅ ⛅ 4 °C

    A smaller resort with only a few runs compared to what we have experienced so far, but an incredible view of the surrounding mountains. Esther commented on their beauty MANY times throughout the day!

    The weather was phenomenal, around 11am the sun came out and we enjoyed a refreshing Yuzu beverage in the sun 🌞, we then walked over to another area where we found a picturesque bakery overlooking the other side of the mountains with a gorgeous view. We had to try the bakery, so we waited in line and got an expensive sandwich and maple/bacon scone!

    The rest of the day was met with some playful runs, hitting side kicks, Jay attempted some park and is still afraid of flying through the air. He didn't land any, but it's getting slightly better. He did, however, hit the flat box rail, but the board slid out from under him on the more tricky rail. He landed on it but was mostly uninjured.
    We did see someone go for a huge jump only to crash and somehow lose their snowboard down the mountain - luckily, it crashed into a mound of snow at the bottom of the park. We saw them get up, not sure what happened after that.

    As we were going to head out for an early dinner, we decided to head down for an earlier bus. A tasty beer at the bottom while we waited, and Esther bought Jay a warmer tartan buff 🥰.
    Read more