Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Miniloc Island - Big Lagoon - Stop 5

    April 24 on the Philippines ⋅ ⛅ 32 °C

    A short trip, and we were at the kayak part of the tour. Big lagoon, for some reason, required kayak/canoes. We had 1 included with the tour, and we had to rent another for 350 ₽.
    It was basically a spot that had 4 companies that did the canoe rental, and the small beach was apparently owned by a rich person and was private/ off-limits. But it was a super popular spot also and was very crowded.

    There was a water passage that was low tide and walkable. Jay got out and pushed Esther in the kayak, then lilly and Jess caught up, so they also got pushed.
    The passage led to a rather large lagoon, and it was HOT. With no wind to cool you getting in the water was the only way to cool off. We parked up in a shady spot and hot into the water. It was lovely until it wasn't. The water settled, and we discovered that there were many sea urchins close by, something kept grazing our legs, and we swear there was a giant octopus just chilling nearby 🐙.
    Safe to say, we all managed to get back to the canoes ASAP!

    All in all, it was an ok lagoon experience.
    Read more