Satellite
Show on map
  • Zubiri to Pamplona

    September 16, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    After a coffee and croissant at 8:00 we walked out of Zubiri in a dawn mist towards Pamplona. The terrain was gentler than preceding days, dropping about 100 meters over about 24km. The trail pretty much follows the river Arga all the way to central Pamplona.

    We had great walking conditions, cool and dry except for the early mist and a few intermittent spots of rain. Not even worth putting the raincoat on.

    Lunch was at the cafe on the river at Zuriain. Tortillas and cold drinks. We also met up with our Irish friends and other fellow pilgrims we’d met before.

    We covered the last few miles into Pamplona with a group of 4 ladies all friends from Indianapolis, one of whom we dubbed “hot wheels” because of how fast she walks. We did discover part of the speed secret: they have very light packs and a luggage service to move the rest of their gear.

    John has acquired and treated one nasty blister. It might necessitate a shorter day tomorrow.

    We checked into the Casa Ibarrol and performed the usual ritual of shower, laundry.

    John off to seek blister meds. Kevin remaining horizontal for a while.

    After a beer we went searching for food and stumbled on http://www.qwertybar.com. Wonderful 3 course fixed price menu including a glass of wine.

    A real party atmosphere in the streets enjoyed by three generation families.
    Read more