Satellite
Mostra sulla mappa
  • Santovenia de Oca to Burgos

    28 settembre 2022, Spagna ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    We left our albergue about 7am still dark, heading for Burgos, 22.7km away.

    No food or coffee were available until we reached Ibeas de Juarros after about 8km. There was an excellent bar there serving fresh squeezed orange juice, pastries and great coffee so we lingered for half an hour or so.

    The rest of the day was a fairly dull trudge into Burgos, a city of 200,000 or so and the provincial capital.

    We were right beside the main road until Castañares, which seems to be an outer suburb. There we left the main road and found the route that follows the river all the way to central Burgos. It began as a fairly rough dirt track and ended up a wide sealed footpath traversing quite a few kilometers of parkland into Burgos.

    We have a 1-room apartment almost in the shadow of the 13th century gothic Cathedral de Burgos.

    Dinner was very good at the Rincón restaurant a short step from where we are staying. We bumped into Chris from Utah and had a yarn.

    We’re hoping the walk out of Burgos is less tedious than the walk in. We have completed about 1/3 of the way to Santiago. Tomorrow we enter what is called the Meseta region.
    Leggi altro