Satellite
Show on map
  • Frómista to Carrión de los Condes

    October 3, 2022 in Spain ⋅ 🌙 8 °C

    After a good breakfast at the excellent Oasibeth hotel rural we left at 8:30, not long after dawn.

    On the one hand it was not a long walk, about 21km, on a wide smooth path with no major climbs or descents.

    On the other hand it was bloody tedious, gunbarrel-straight for long sections and parallel to a main road, almost completely devoid of shade except for two village stops, one for morning tea (Coca Cola and hard boiled egg - need that protein and salt), and one for lunch (spaghetti bolognese, boccadillo, foot airing).

    Finally a mind numbing, shadeless 6km trudge into Carrión de los Condes.

    We stopped under the first tree we found and enjoyed the shade. Looks like a nice city. Many bars and restaurants.

    We have a great apartment on the Camino just where it leaves town, Casa Tía Paula. Two rooms! We can give the earplugs an evening off. Washing machine! We can look our best and smell less awful on the track tomorrow.

    The day greatly improved after a shower and a beer in the pub in the center of town.

    The food options were good. We dined at the Corte with fellow pilgrims Levana and Chris. The menu del dia (3 course, fixed price) was good value.
    Read more