Satellite
Show on map
  • El Burgo Ranero to Mansilla de las Mulas

    October 7, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    About 20km in very good conditions today. Barring mishaps we only need to average 18km days in order to reach Santiago before our flights leave.

    As arranged, our taxista from yesterday picked us up at 7:30 in Sahagún and took us back to where we’d left off in El Burgo. With full packs today we were walking by 7:45, with just enough light to see by.

    45 minutes later we were treated to a spectacular sunrise behind us. There must have been a uniform layer of thin cloud between us and the rising sun such that the golden orb was well defined and not too bright to look at directly.

    It was 13km to the next place supplying food, Reliegos. It was cool, clear and dry weather and generally slightly downhill. More varied landscape too, with no wheat stubble in sight. Quite a bit of corn, and even some cows at one point.

    The path was very good too, shaded almost the entire day by a line of trees right beside it.

    After lunch and a foot rest it was an easy 6km to Mansilla. It seems to be a normal rural town but with quite a number of places for Camino pilgrims to stay. It is situated beside the Esla river we noticed (sounds the same as our surname “Esler”).

    Our room is in La Casa de los Soportales a very comfortable new place.

    We ate a great menu del dia of three courses and a bottle of vino tinto for 32€ for two at La Curiosa. Delicious.
    Read more