Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 32

    Spanish adventure!

    February 11, 2023 in Colombia ⋅ 🌧 25 °C

    We spent a week at a Spanish school called Spanish adventure, in a small town a few hours from Medellin. We had lessons in the morning then adventures in the afternoon in Spanish, consolidating the language. It was a really fun week, we made lots of lovely friends including tony from Germany and Claire and Keiran from London. The school was amazing and very well taught.

    We stayed with a lovely lady called Beatriz who had a refugio five minutes from the school. Every day and night we had to walk across a very rickety bridge and in the night times we had to have a snake stick with us to protect us from any snakes.safe to say we didn’t meet any here.

    On the Saturday we had a big adventure where we chose to go river tubing… basically tubing down a white water river, which was interesting but we both only fell off once.

    It was such a lovely week full of Spanish and adventure. We were sad to leave !! On the Sunday Beatriz invited us to a community market, where her friends and like minded people gather monthly to swap and sell their wares. It was really lovely to be a part of it and we had a bring and share lunch.
    Read more