Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 45

    Buca baby

    February 24, 2023 in Colombia ⋅ 🌧 25 °C

    After our short stint in the Caribbean coast we decided to swiftly exit and headed on a mega journey down to a city called Bucaramanga. This unassuming city that was supposed to be a quick stop off turned out to be so wonderful, friendly and restorative. We stayed in a hostel where we met a lovely man called Robby who was doing a cycle from the uk to Argentina , via some sailing across the seas. It was really lovely to chat with him and left us feeling refreshed. The hostel also had a cafe attached with some banging coffee and waffles, Jesse had this amazing raspberry chocolate cold drink.

    Jesse also somehow found what we hoped would be a lgbtq+ night, complete with djs and a Britney drag show. Laura and Jesse had the best night ever dancing and feeling a bit of home that they are missing,in the shape of solid queer anthems and unapologetically proud and affirming people.

    One thing to say about Colombia is we have never felt so affirmed, celebrated and received with such warmth as we have done here. It’s really lovely to be asked if we are friends or partners, people don’t shy away from asking. We also keep seeing so many lgbtq+ couples which is so lovely.
    Read more