Satellitt
Vis på kartet
  • Dag 48

    Giardia + paragliding = bad times

    27. februar 2023, Colombia ⋅ 🌧 25 °C

    The next stop was San Gil, the ‘ adventure capital of Colombia’. We stayed in a really friendly hostel where we met a British guy called Thomas who we hung out with for a couple of days before he left to do a workaway.
    We spent 5 days here and visited the pescaditos, a series of five consecutive watering holes in the river, as well as the local botanical type garden which had some beautiful plants and provided some much needed coolness. We also visited the beautiful Barichara which we decided we wanted to come back to. We also visited a waterfall which after our trip to El jaguar, didn’t feel super impressive…

    Jesse took the plunge and got a haircut from a Colombian barber, which could have been disastrous but actually ended up being amazing. Jesse now has a typical Colombian mullet which they are rocking.

    The last couple days is where things started to go wrong. We had the most disgusting meal of our time so far which still makes me sick thinking of it. Through some language troubles, laura accidentally ordered a lasagne with spagbol. Rancid chicken and cat food toppings.

    The final day Laura wanted to go paragliding. What should have been a cool experience turned out to be not especially enjoyable as Laura immediately got motion sickness and then threw up her breakfast whilst she was in the air.
    Then the food poisoning truly kicked in…
    Les mer