Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    Chobe River Safari

    July 13, 2017 in Botswana ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Chobe River Safari is an optional extra but our whole group decided to do it together, we went to the super market before hand to buy alcohol, cheese and biscuits.

    When we got to the bank of the river where we were meant to get on the boat they tried to put all twenty-something of us on a small boat which can only be described as a 'large tinny' with a motor. The group was almost ready to completely back out of the tour and request the money back because that was not what was described to us but they quickly changed the boats over. We now have more of a large open boat where people can walk around and take pictures from all sides.

    On the river safari we were incredibly lucky, we saw so many elephants crossing the river in several locations, we watched them as they played in the mud and struggled to get back onto dry land because they were sliding around in the mud. The elephants were definitely a highlight but we also got to see hippopotamus', water buck, crocodile, buffalo and many different breeds of birds.

    I really enjoyed the river safari, we got incredibly close to the animals and I got some amazing photographs. It was so relaxing drinking on the river, looking at animals and eating cheese.
    Read more