Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Prep day

    May 3, 2023 in Nepal ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    The day started off very early , we were both awake at 0500 and started to sort through our bags. Breakfast was at 0730 , we stocked up on very dense pancakes with syrup - they were quite nice actually!
    We then met up with Badri again to go through our itinerary for the trek ( so exciting !!!). Badri went through an equipment checklist too , followed by a trip to the trek equipment shop , where they supplied us with very thick duffle coats and -20 sleeping bags .
    Things started to feel very real when we were fitted for microspikes in preparation for the glaciers and 1 ft deep snow on the trek.
    On the way back to the hotel , we changed some of our USD to INR .
    After finishing off our packing at the hotel , we went back into town in the search for some caps . Only very few of the caps would fit James' big head , which was very amusing 😄 .
    We stocked up on high energy snacks ready for the trek too .
    We ate at a wonderful little restaurant in the evening , the meal was so tasty , and cost a measly 11 pounds for both of us .
    Now time for a shower and an early night, we are up at 6 for the flight then starting the first day of trekking tomorrow!
    Just as I was writing this , we heard celebrations for a Hindu marriage (vivaha), there were very loud drums and everyone was dancing in the street! It was amazing!
    Read more