Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    7.Chukkung to Leboche via Kongma La pass

    May 10, 2023 in Nepal ⋅ ⛅ -5 °C

    Today we woke at 0415, ready for breakfast at 0500. It was absolutely freezing, there was frost on the inside of our windows! We wore our wooly hats, gloves and summit coats but we soon were too warm from walking such steep hills!
    Everything felt so much more strenuous today as we were gaining altitude. On the way to the summit of Kongma La we saw a family of musk deer and also some mountain mice - they looked like mini chinchillas and were so cute! Our friend, Katie told us that the pokemon character is based on the mountain mouse.
    After 5 hours, we finally reached the top of Kongma La, it was exhausting! However, Leboche was still a further 3 hours away (more like 4 haha). The descent was very rocky, with lots of slippery skri. There was also another 2 hills we had to climb. This was by far the hardest thing we have ever done.
    We saw some beautiful glaciers along the way, they were the bluest of blue.
    We finally reached our lodge after 9 hours of walking - fair to say we are absolutely exhausted. We both sat with our lovely new Freinds and drank 3 cups of hot chocolate absolutely loaded with sugar. This really sorted us out.
    Upstairs we went to get our rooms sorted and have a refreshing baby wipe shower-this is as good as it gets in the Himalayas. Very much looking forward to our huge portion of tomato, cheese pasta and a bowl of popcorn. And then straight to bed! We are exhausted!
    Read more