Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    9. Gorak Shep to Zonglha

    May 12, 2023 in Nepal ⋅ ⛅ -3 °C

    Today we were pleased to leave Gorak Shep, we found the altitude quite difficult, headaches and lack of appetite hit us hard. The toilets were something from nightmares too.
    Anyways, we had a bit of a lie in this morning and had breakfast at 0630, ready for hiking at 7.
    The hike today was so much more chill, we walked mainly downhill for 3 hours back to Leboche for some lunch-which we really appreciated as we couldn't face food yesterday.
    After Leboche, we walked a further 4 hours to Zhongla, which was a mixture of up and downhill.
    Along the way, we saw a beautiful bright blue bird and some really cute snow partridges.
    After a final push uphill we finally made it to our teahouse in Zhongla, which is just wonderful-especially compared to Gorak Shep yesterday. James had a hot chocolate and I had masala tea (my new fave, like chai tea but better) when we arrived.
    We also treated ourselves to a bowl of warm water for a wash - it felt like luxury 😂.
    Had a lovely evening sat by the fire with a lovely group of people just chatting.
    Up tomorrow for 5. 30, ready to tackle pass two of three, the Chola Pass!
    Read more