Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 16

    15. Namche Bazzarr to Lukla, Final Day!

    18 mei 2023, Nepal ⋅ ☁️ 5 °C

    Today was our last hike day 22km back to Lukla ready for our flight back early on the 19th. We left Sherpa Village in Namche Bazzarr, we brought some prayer flags for the van before leaving and headed out of town. On the outskirts of town was a rubbish pickup point, we had learnt that although trekkers coming to the region brings in alot of money, it also has negative effects from the amount of rubbish which the area accumulates from the additional influx of people for 6 months a year. We carried down 5kg of rubbish to Lukla drop off to assist with this problem, it was sad to discover that not many people decide to help, so we carried as much as we could. We walked down the Khumbu valley, crossing all the wire bridges, it seemed strange to get so far so quickly as it took a couple of days to come up initially, made such a difference walking downhill and every breath getting more oxygenated.
    We stopped for lunch half way and it was the best we had so far, machine coffee which was the best thing ever! Along the way we bumped into friends we had made on the trip.
    We had a huge uphill stint for the last few km to Lukla, the moment we crossed the finish line hand in hand was a roller coaster of emotions. We had made it, 122 miles in 14 days, we had crossed 6 peaks over 5000mtrs, we had been to Everest base camp, we had broken out of our comfort blanket and survived over a week at 5000mtrs. We had pushed ourselves to new heights of mental and physical endurance. We had completed the hardest trek in the Himalayas, 5 days quicker than the recommended time and the best thing was we had done it together as a team. What a feeling, by far our biggest accomplishment to date.
    Ohh, nearly forgot.... we had also seen the biggest..(picture number 8)😂😂,
    We had an emotional moment with our guide and walked to our Tea house for the night. It was so luxury, ensuite with free hot shower and electricity, very special. We had a lovely dinner with Gombu and Sange and gave them our tips of appreciation. We treated ourselves to sizzling chicken and some treats from the local mini mart as a reward!
    We fly out of the Lukla the dangerous airport 😬 at 8.30 tomorrow morning and back to Kathmandu where we have booked a delux room with a bath for the next few days for abit of relaxation. We can't wait to eat fried chicken and take a chill as we are exhausted now!
    Meer informatie