Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    21. Kayaking, Last Day In Pokhara

    June 9, 2023 in Nepal ⋅ ☀️ 34 °C

    We headed down to the lake for about 1000 and rented a kayak for an hour .
    The views from the lake were very pretty and the gentle breeze made it very pleasant . We kayaked slowly around the island in the lake , which is home to the Barahi temple . From the island , you can see views of the world peace stupa , Pokhara City and the Annupurna mountain range .
    We kayaked back slowly and headed for some lunch and a cold drink afterwards .
    In the afternoon , we had a but of a sorting session , ready for our 10 hour bus trip back to Kathmandu tomorrow . We washed some clothes and packed our bags to make the morning a little easier .
    We walked along the lake front for the last time tonight, it was lovely as we stopped and had a beer about half way down whilst admiring the fireflies by the lake .
    On our way home , we stopped and had our first ice cream of the trip, which was just like Ben and Jerrys! The mango ice cream was just so good !
    Earlish night tonight as we need to get up at 0545 to go back to Kathmandu . We have loved our time in Pokhara , much more relaxed than Kathmandu.
    Read more