Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    8. Day 3. Koh Chang

    June 20, 2023 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Day 3
    Today we woke up and heading up north of the island, we had a quite a few places to see so headed off early. We stopped at our closest beach which we hadn't found yet called Krong Proa beach and had some breakfast at a sea front restaurant, apart from the Moldy toast (which they replaced), it was delicious.

    We headed all the way then to the north of the island and found a peninsula where the sea was to our left and right with a big jetty going out. We walked along the jetty and saw coral and many different fish swimming about, so grabbed our googles and went to jump in, sadly once in the water was rather cloudy, but we did still manage to see many crabs and fish. We walked along the coast and found a lovely beach which again was deserted and chilled here for a while.

    We headed back south towards another famous beach called White Sands Beach, after a really steep descent it sadly really wasn't worth it. Too much litter and no jungle, felt very commercial.
    After a short stay we left to go back Krong Proa Beach, we stopped and grabbed a couple of wood fired pizzas, a couple of Chang beers-which are the best beers btw! And headed to the beach to see the sunset and eat our food, it was very dramatic and beautiful as a storm was rolling in across the bay. We headed back and booked an extra night at jungle resort. Now watching a film, covered in some after sun enjoying another Chang!
    Read more