Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    25. 6. Koh Tao Diving

    July 8, 2023 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 29 °C

    Today was our first ocean dive! We got collected and taken to the dive centre where we had our exam, we both passed the theory side, which was a relief 😂. We had about 2 hours of theory before we headed around the island on a big boat to a dive spot where me and Grace had snorkled a day or so before, called Aow Luek. We got all our gear sorted and prepared and did our buddy checks on eachother before we put on our flippers and jumped in. Wow this is wierd breathing in the ocean, felt so different to the pool yesterday. Once we had relaxed we finally got into it. No doubt it was a wierd sensation being underwater and breathing, everything seems to slow down and your main focus is equalising your ears and controlling your breath. We now had to put in place everything we learnt yesterday but at 9 mtrs deep first. Safe to say it feels wierd being so deep and not having mask on and then again finding your regulator incase it's knocked out. Hope we don't have to do that again😐. We then had a dive around the area and saw an erray of wildlife, including a stingray and moray Eel. Really cool being so deep and feeling like one of the marine life swimming about! After 51 minutes we came back up as we needed to stop for our surface interval. We had some drinks and got reset for dive 2.

    We headed across the bay to a different dive spot, we were now heading down to 12mtrs. We set off and as soon as we got back in the water Grace started having issues with equalising her ears underwater. Grace stayed calm and managed to finally get them sorted before heading deeper luckily. We headed deep and practised a few more exercises, but no more taking mask off phew! We swam around and got more time to explore this dive and there is different reef fish at 12 mtrs and it was cool looking around in the deep blue, yet still feeling really weird.

    We passed everything today so 2 more dives down to 18 mtrs tomorrow and we will be fully fledged Scuba Divers which is wierd to say😂.

    I had fun jumping off the boat a few times whilst waiting for other dives to finish and then we headed back around the island to get dropped off home, we were knackered when we were dropped off and early start tomorrow for our final 2 dives. We are off to a WW2 American shipwreck tomorrow which will be awesome, best chance of seeing a whale shark as well! Normally Go Pros aren't allowed in training sessions but he is letting me take mine tomorrow so hopefully will have some awesome footage to share tomorrow.

    Pizza take away and early night!
    Read more