Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 25

    24. 5. Koh Tao Diving

    July 7, 2023 in Thailand ⋅ ☁️ 29 °C

    So Today was the day- we were collected and taken to the dive centre where we met fellow students and got our gear sized up. We headed to their training pool and had about 2-3hrs of theory based on what we had learnt the night before at home. Me and Grace were the only two to start yesterday so we are in our tutors good books already 😂.

    We learnt about all the emergencies which can happen and how to deal with them. We had a break and headed to the pool. We got geared up and got used to breathing underwater which is a wierd but great sensation. We practised loosing our mouthpiece and if our googles came off or steam up. We had alot of time practicing this as googles off is hard to empty when you are 3 mtrs deep but the techniques shown did work. We practiced bouyoncy control as this is very important so you float along rather than get pulled up or down. This is hard to master so hopefully will be easier tomorrow in the sea as its easier to control in salt water. We stopped after a couple of hours in the pool and had some lunch.

    Me and Grace were given extra 60 pages of theory to do tonight so we ended after lunch and all headed back to our hotels to complete the workbook, luckily we started yesterday as the others have 100 pages and 6 tests to pass. Tomorrow will be our first ocean dive and we are heading back to Mango Bay shallow part to first practice all our safety procedures and then we are heading deeper into the outside coral reefs which will be awesome! So excited!

    We have a new friend called Milky, an adorable dog of the scuba centre, he runs around the neighbourhood like he owns it. He has his own Instagram and we made it onto his page with our funny photos. We love you Milky (sorry Maggie, we miss you lots! And no Milky isn't as cool as you)

    We are about to head for some food to have an early night ready for tomorrow. So stoked to be expanding ourselves not in an academic or work setting learning new skills whilst travelling and exploring more of the beautiful marine life here at Koh Tao!

    Ps. Unfortunately we didn't take any personal pictures.. We are so involved in what we were doing it didn't even cross our minds. We will take some tomorrow I can assure you!
    Read more