Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Arrival in Bali

    July 13, 2023 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Travel day
    Today's the day we leave Thailand, both of us are gutted to be leaving but onwards to our next destination - Bali !
    Instead of getting a taxi to the airport , we went for the cheaper option and caught the airport bus . We didn't realise that the bus stop was practically opposite the hotel so we had a bit of a wait , but better than lugging our bags for miles !
    Bus to airport took an hour and we got checked in with no issues . The plane journey was quite cramped and alot of the seats were broken . James felt very cramped due to his height and there was a very annoying man next to him who fell asleep on James shoulder . James politely told him to move and he went and sat somewhere else - result ! Flight only 4.5 hours so not too bad at all .
    When we got to the Denpasar airport in Bali , there were huge queues to get visas , then another queue to declare how much luggage you have! It was literally so chaotic .
    Getting a taxi to our hotel was effortless and cheap, only taking 30 mins. The roads here are very busy and there is a big night life scene where we are , so very noisy too .
    We dropped our bags off in our room and walked down to the beach . The waves here are huge and quite daunting , hopefully we won't be in surf too big for our lessons .
    Read more