Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    3. Surf lesson 2

    July 16, 2023 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    We had a weird nights sleep and both woke up with fevers and body aches. However we had to ride through and we headed to the beach eager(ish) to get surfing again! Today we were learning how to turn correctly and controlling the board in Acceleration and Deceleration on the waves. It was great fun but the swell was big today so it was also slightly daunting with many rip currents forming. We have been taught how to use rip currents to our advantage when paddling back out so we don't worry as much when getting caught in them now.
    Our surf lesson has been cancelled for tomorrow as he thinks my face is getting too sunburnt.. I had said that this is how I have looked for 3 months now... 😂

    Afterwards we went for some food at a local authentic Australian bar🤣 (seems like there are more Aussies here than Indonesians). We had been told that we must go and check out the massive surf outlets which sell surf gear and clothing at massively reduced prices. However they had many bargains but not in our sizes which was abit annoying but was cool having a look around. We headed down the beach to watch sunset and seems like everyone else in Bali did the same as the beach was absolutely heaving which is a huge contrast to having the beaches to ourselves in Thailand. We stopped and were speaking to some local people, they seem so friendly, chatty and genuinely want to get to know you which has been great.
    Read more