Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    4. Day off today

    July 17, 2023 in Indonesia ⋅ 🌬 27 °C

    We had a day off surfing today to give James' skin a break from the sun and salt water. We were really craving some fruit so we went to a really cool little cafe just down the road from us that served smoothie bowls . I had a mango smoothie bowl and James had a berry smoothie bowl, they were really tasty but no where near as good as the smoothie bowls we had in Pokhara . They were also massively overpriced but we know not to go there again !
    Afterwards , we headed to some more surf factory outlet stores to have a look for a bikini for Grace ( as hers is all falling apart). Yet again , it was unsuccessful, so we decided to look at some of the high Street stores and instantly found a bikini in the right size.
    We went past the Bali Bomb Memorial and stopped to have a look. Al queda blew up 2 nightclubs in 2002 and killed 202 people. 28 were Brits, 90 were Australian. We had no idea that Bali was subjected to such attacks and found out that they tried to attack again in 2005 with a car bomb this time but luckily it didn't have as many casualties as in 2002.
    Afterwards we went and sat on the beach for a while . James rented a surf board and went surfing for an hour or so. I was still feeling quite run down and achey so I didn't go in again . Also my board rash on my legs is starting to look pretty bad , so probably a good idea to give my skin a break .
    We went back to the hotel and had a dip in the swimming pool , the swimming pool is the only nice thing about our hotel 🤣.
    We had both worked up an appetite for the first time in a while , so headed to a lovely Italian restaurant about 10 mins away .
    The food was lovely as the pasta was fresh and homemade .
    We drove home afterwards and chilled for a while before going to bed .
    Surf lesson number three tomorrow !
    Read more