Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    6. Surf lesson 4

    July 19, 2023 in Indonesia ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    Surf lesson 4

    Early start today , we were up at 0515 to get to the beach for 05:45 , it was painful as probably had about 4 hours sleep -especially with all the club music blasting out all night .
    It was still dark when we were on the beach and started surfing when the sun was rising , which was really cool .
    The green waves were massive so could only stay in the white water which was quite shallow . I just needed to concentrate on perfecting standing up the goofy way and maintaining my balance. It was really frustrating as I automatically wanted to stand up on my right foot first , but I got there eventually. I just kept reminding myself that James has been surfing on and off since he was 14 so naturally I wouldn't be at his level .
    Afterwards we headed back to our hotel and started to discuss where to move onto next . The couple next door -called keirnan and Elena overheard us and came to give us some advice .
    We ended up chatting with them for ages and decided to go out for lunch together. Keirnan and Elena live in Brighton , Keirnan does WWE wrestling (!!!) and Elena was a nurse in a recovery ward . Like us , they have both quit their jobs to come travelling. It was so nice talking to Elena as a fellow nurse, as she too had to work permanent nights for years to save up for this trip .
    We actually spent about 12 hours just chatting to Keirnan and Elena and ended up going out for dinner together too before they caught their flight to the Phillipines .
    It was such a shame we had met them on the day they were leaving.
    We tried to have an early night before another early start tomorrow 😴.
    Read more