Спутник
Показать на карте
  • День 1

    20. Edinburgh

    7 декабря 2023 г., Шотландия ⋅ 🌧 6 °C

    We woke up and the car park was completely full , we thought people we’re looking at us a bit strange , then we realised we had accidentally parked the van too far away from the bank and we were blocking half the car park - whoopsie.
    A swift exit and headed to Ingliston park and ride to catch the tram into Edinburgh . To our amazement, Maddy could come on the tram too . I don’t think she enjoyed it quite as much as we did , too overstimulating , but she coped very well .
    Once we arrived in the city centre , we had a look around the pretty Christmas market and bought some lovely , quirky presents for family .
    Afterwards , we walked up a beautiful cobbled street and stopped off for a mocha as it was freezing outside and had started to rain .
    James and I are quite big Harry Potter fans and Edinburgh is the birthplace of Harry Potter . We could totally see how Rowling was inspired by Edinburgh , all the little streets resembled diagon alley and there were so many cool little witch shops everywhere - Edinburgh has the most witch history in the whole of the Uk, with mass witch executions taking place between the 16th and 18th centuries .
    James had downloaded a Harry Potter tour of Edinburgh which we followed for the day . We went to the graves of Tom Riddell and Mcgonical, also catching a glimpse of George Heriots school, the school which hogwarts is based on.
    After about 4 hours on our feet in the cold and rain , we decided to call it a day and catch the tram back to the van . Maddy was very wet and ready to get cozy in the van.
    We decided to have a bit of luxury and book a campsite for the night. My foot cramps were terrible and needed a hot shower to try and help . Very disappointed as the showers were tepid .
    By the time we had finished cooking and tidying up , it was gone 11 . Few games of rumikub then bed time for us .
    Читать далее