Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    22. 23. 24. Falkirk Wheel to Coalburn

    December 11, 2023 in Scotland ⋅ ☁️ 6 °C

    First stop this morning , the Falkirk wheel . Luckily it was only half an hour away as the wheel was shut . We still managed to get quite close to it and take Maddy on a walk - so wasn’t a completely wasted trip .
    Afterwards , we headed slowly towards Glasgow ; stopping off to get fuel and food along the way .
    We arrived with our friends , Elle and Ricky at about 5 o’clock . We spent the evening chatting and treated ourselves to a Chinese takeaway , it was a great night and so nice to see our friends , the last time we saw them was 15 months ago when Elle and Ricky got married in Worcestershire.

    We went to bed quite late the night before so had a bit of a lie in today . In the afternoon Ricky , James , Connor and Evie went to take the dogs on a good walk , whilst Elle and I went to do some shopping for supper .
    The closest shops to them are a good twenty minute drive away.
    Elle had made us all a traditional Scottish lentil soup in the evening , which was amazing.
    Afterwards , we watched a horror film together and had another late night chatting away with a few drinks .

    Elle and Ricky were very kind and let us do our washing at theirs. We had a good three loads so we were so grateful !
    The guys went dog walking again and Elle and I went for a drive around Hamilton and stopped off at a shopping complex to see if we could find any Christmas bargains .
    We had a red bean soup and rice for supper and played some games together in the evening . Elle had work early next morning and Evie had school , so James and I went and chilled in the van when the others went to bed .

    The next day , James and I refilled the water in the van using water bottles , which took ages .
    We stayed until Elle came home from work and said goodbye to everyone before continuing our journey south .
    James and I decided to head to a park up next to loch doon , about 90 mins south west from Glasgow . The park up is lovely , maybe even one of the best we’ve had so far ! Right next to the loch , with a backdrop of dense and pretty woodlands .
    After getting everything sorted , we took Maddy on a walk around the loch and settled down for the night .
    We had fajitas for supper and played a few games before watching a film in bed.
    Read more