Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 23

    23. Birkendorf

    February 27 in Germany ⋅ ☁️ 7 °C

    Today we woke up early so James can fix the split in the water waste tank pipe . We had one last clothes wash to do & we both showered before we had to leave the campsite. After taking Maddy for a walk; we continued along route 500, heading down towards Switzerland. En route, we climbed (more like crawled in the van) up to Black Forest's highest mountain,stopping to look at a huge skii resort along the way, it actually had a fair bit of snow, but still no skiers. We continued our journey and finally reached the top of the mountain at 1300 metres.

    We drove onto our next park up which was ultimately a log storage on a muddy track, so we decided to head on. Luckily, we found another park up about 20 mins up the road. This park up was a hiking car park in the woodland. We got settled and then took Maddy on the woods longest walk. You could buy a wooden ball at the start for a euro, so we did and had great enjoyment following the huge marble run around the woodland , there were little games and features dotted along the way too.

    After the walk we did the daily van chores before cooking tasty gyros chicken wraps for supper. We are planning our next movements and should be in Switzerland tomorrow. We are both extremely excited !
    Read more