Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 24

    24. Rheinfalls Switzerland

    February 28 in Switzerland ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    We woke up to more sunshine, James went to walk Maddy and had a catch up with Mum at home, which was nice. We had a coffee and headed off to our next stop, Switzerland! It was only a short 40 minute drive to the Rhein falls just across the border.

    After a slightly sketchy drive ,(Swiss drivers on roundabouts, no indicators) 😬. we arrived to a thundering sound and in the distance we could see the Rhein falls, we walked closer and wow they were raging. They are about 23mtrs in height and 143 mtrs across but the sheer volume of water gushing down them was mad. They are the biggest waterfalls in Europe for water volume per mintue. We walked close up and admired for a while before heading to a cafe for a coffee and some WiFi to check out the Nozstock lineup! (Fair to say we are chuffed with that!)

    As Switzerland isn't in the EU we can't roam here so we downloaded all the maps we needed and the park for night app for Switzerland and headed off to our next stop. We drove out of Switzerland and then back in again from Germany. First customs checkpoint which we found strange as Switzerland is Schengen but anyway waved through without any checks today.

    We headed about 2 hours into Switzerland to a place near Lucerne as this is the start of the Alps to explore and a very scenic town to have a look around tomorrow.

    We had a early night and easy tea tonight ready for adventures tomorrow. Switzerland is a park up late and leave early in the morning from parks ups as it's not tolerated as much as the other country's we have visited.
    We hope tomorrow we will find more of the Switzerland we imagined as today it felt abit of a downgrade in scenery compared to the beautiful Black forest in Germany.
    Read more