Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 34

    34. Neuschwanstein

    March 9 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    Instead of driving to the car park closest to the castle and paying a hefty parking fee , we decided to park a couple of miles away and cycle to the start of the footpath up to the famous castle . James towed Maddy in her little dog trailer , which is always comical and good fun - James did very well towing Maddy up the hills , considering she is 23 kg !
    The walk up to the castle was very steep , but didn't take nearly as long as what we thought it would . Once at the entrance of the beautiful castle , we discovered that it was only 18 euros each to complete an audio guide of the castle . We were under the impression that it was going to be 50 euros each when researching the night before ! We were absolutely gutted we didn't know this sooner as we couldn't enter the castle with Maddy.
    None the less , we enjoyed walking around the grounds of the majestic castle and stopped off for a picnic before walking back down .
    After all that walking and cycling , we made the decision to drive back to the campsite we had stayed at the previous night so we could shower and chill .
    We spent the evening planning our next moves and decided that we were going to visit the romantic old town of Füssen before going back to Neuschwanstein castle to complete the tour . We had a chicken and veg sir fry in preparation for another active day tomorrow !
    Read more