Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 42

    42. Pieting - Dinkelsbuhl

    March 17 in Germany ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    Today we headed up the Romantic route, we followed the route up and had a nice view of the multi coloured, medieval towns and cities en route.
    We stopped to do the van services so we can wild camp for the next few nights. It was very scenic crossing Germany and driving through the lovely towns.

    We drove through Landsberg am Lech, Ausburg, Rain, Donauworth, Hurburg, Nordlingen to our final stop of Dinkelsbuhl. Even though we didn't get out today we still had a very nice day seeing the towns and cities, both trying our hardest to keep the spirits high.

    We found a nice park up and went to the local swimming pool for a shower. We are hoping Maddy will be okay in the van tomorrow so we can explore the town for an hour or so. As this town is very special and one of the most scenic towns in Germany, it is all based within city walls and looked amazing when we drove by to our parkup- we are both looking forward to this.

    Had a nice curry in the van and an early night as we ideally want to stop at Rothenburg ob der Tauber aswell, which has one of the most viewed and identifiable squares in Germany, if not Europe. We will finish tomorrow in Wurzberg, before driving to Mainz to start our Rhine trip up to a campsite in either Belgium, Holland or north Germany.
    Read more