Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 531

    Day 532: Working in Prague

    July 31, 2018 in Czech Republic ⋅ ☀️ 31 °C

    Another scorcher, so I ended up spending most of the day indoors doing various bits of work. Loads of things I want to do now, a massive task list that just seems to keep growing!

    Shandos went out super early in the morning (around 6:30) to get some photos while nobody was around, since Prague is notoriously crowded - almost like Venice these days, especially in the photogenic spots. She was back before 9am, but it was worth it I think!

    Didn't do much other than go to a nearby Vietnamese restaurant for dinner - mainly because it was in a basement and quite cool inside. I'm usually sceptical of European Asian food, but apparently Viets are the third largest ethnic group in Czech Republic (after Czechs and Slovaks). They were encouraged to come here for training and development during the communist era, and many of them never left. Since the end of communism in CZ, many have brought over family and friends with them, so there's a lot of Viet restaurants around and most of them are good quality. I was very happy with the pho bo and Vietnamese iced coffee (made with condensed milk!!).
    Read more