Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Exploring Brooklyn

    October 19, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 12 °C

    Our host had already left for work by the time we got up, but we did meet her dog. Him and Schnitzel had a brief set-to before sorting themselves out.

    We spent today wandering around Brooklyn, one of the five boroughs of New York City. Most important was the morning vet visit, where the long process for getting Schnitzel back to Australia started. She suggested the lump on his side was probably an inflammation from his vaccine the other day, and not to worry too much about it unless it didn't go down over the next week. So that was a load off our minds.

    Checked out our immediate neighbourhood of Williamsburg which is a hipster central place, then headed down to DUMBO (Down Under Manhattan Bridge Overpass) on the waterfront for lunch. Great view of the Manhattan skyline from here. Checked out a few shops and took things easy, before walking across Brooklyn Bridge into Manhattan in the late afternoon. Didn't go far into Manhattan, just got the train back home. Went to Brooklyn Brewery for a quick drink (they didn't do tasting paddles which I was surprised at!), then had a huge pizza slice on the way home.

    Met our host finally in the evening, a late 20s professional woman. She's quite nice and chatty, though Americans generally are chatty.
    Read more