Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 118

    A Coruna, Spain

    3 de maio, Espanha ⋅ ☁️ 52 °F

    We arrived this morning at A Coruna, which is a small city of some 250,000 people. In earlier days, the town was referred to as the "City at the End of the World."

    Our 7-hour excursion today: "A Day in Santiago de Compostela".

    Santiago is the city in which the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela resides, and the site is also the culmination of a 1500 KM-long pilgrimage to the burial place of St. James.

    The Route of Santiago de Compostela which pilgrims follow, .is an extensive interconnected network of pilgrimage routes in Spain whose ultimate destination is the tomb of the Apostle James the Greater in Santiago de Compostela. The tomb believed to be that of James the Greater was discovered in Galicia in the 9th century, a period when Spain was dominated by Muslims. Its discovery was of immense importance for the Christian world, and Compostela soon became a place of Christian pilgrimage comparable in importance to Jerusalem and Rome.

    Construction of the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela cathedral began in 1075 and was completed in 1211. It is also among the few remaining churches in the world built over the tomb of an apostle.
    Leia mais