Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 1

    CA 1

    24 de septiembre de 2018, Guatemala ⋅ 🌧 77 °F

    Today we picked up Matt from Wildwood Church in E Moline, Illinois.

    Before going to the airport, Glenn and I went to San Kris mall to the grocery store to get a few items. Then to the frame store to get 4 cross stitch items framed. One is the huge project I made for Thomas and his graduation. Then we went to get the Terracan washed and Glenn walked to the bank to get some money. Our last stop before the airport was SETECA.

    Matt flew in on Delta Airlines from Atlanta arriving just after 1pm. We told him to look for Glenn wearing his Croatia red/white checkered baseball cap. Sure enough it worked.

    It took us a good hour to drive through traffic and get out of town. We stopped at Pollo Campero in the drive thru to pick up some chicken and eat it as we were driving out of the city. Man, it took forever to drive thru Chimaltenango. We stopped to fill up with gas (at Jim’s favorite gas station) in Chimal and also stretch our legs. We pulled off and drove thru GBS. The Johnsons or Murphys were not there. But I found the ladies-room!

    We continued on the road to Pana and made another potty stop at Paulinos and Glenn got coffee and I bought banana chips.

    We decided not to go the “back way” because it looked like it was raining over the mountains.

    We arrived at LBN just before sunset and quickly unpacked. We’re staying in the “Stone house”.

    I had made and frozen my Mexican casserole 3 days ago, so I put that in the oven.
    Leer más