Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 34

    RVing with Ellen and 4 grandaughters

    July 30, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 68 °F

    Ellen drove on Tuesday from Illinois and stayed with us at Bailey’s RV park. Since it was Tuesday, we purchased 4 hamburgers from Sonic. Buy 1 get 1 free. We enjoyed them at the picnic pavilion at the RV park.

    Wednesday we had to drive back to Hiawatha to pick up the dollie that was being repaired. It was raining pretty hard. We continued on hiway 36 to Belleville then turned south to Salina and the interstate on to wakeeney KOA.

    We arrived just in time before high winds were rocking the RV.

    I told the girls that I wanted Ellen to have a vacation and we put down for bed.

    Emily sleeps on the couch with Ellen. The baby sleeps inside shower in our room and Libby and Lucy sleep in the bedding above the cab.

    Thursday, we stayed in the RV park. We went for walks and took a nap. We had a ZOOM call to the Honduras field that lasted for 1 1/2 hours.

    I made a pot roast in my 4qt crockpot and we had that for supper out on the picnic table.

    Good day. Kinda crowded with 3 adults, an infant, 3, 5, and 7 year olds ALL in a 30 RV. But I would not trade it for anything.
    Read more