Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    Driving Day to East Denver

    July 31, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 79 °F

    We left KOA Kamp at a good hour and drove 45 minutes to Oakley.

    There is a Sonic drive through that has picnic table and playground. Dad got burritos and French toast for everyone.

    I was still driving Ellen’s van with the baby and Libby.

    About 3/4 of the way, we stopped do I could get in Magnolia (name for the RV BEcause we bought it in Magnolia, Texas) and get back to my bed and S.L.E.E.P.

    The KOA in Strasburg is about 45 minutes from Karen. We had a picnic lunch then Ellen left with the baby to Karen’s apartment and another visitor. The 3 oldest kids played in playground. They were filthy. So they all took a shower, put their Pjs on and we marched back to the RV.

    We are kinda out of food, plus we haven’t made the bed back into a table, so I fixed instant oatmeal and the all stood around Glenn and the tray to eat dinner so as not to drop any food on the floor.

    We were watching PBSkids, when the cartoon characters were not teaching good morals ( example: the kid said “hey what you need to do is change the parents mind by blah blah blah..” Totally wrong. So we turned on some piano music and Libby was fast asleep. Sorry Ken Royer, I think it was the musical saw that did it!😄

    Again, we are giving mom vacation time and that means all 3 girls go to bed, no talking, just sleeping...and it’s worked 3 days in a row. Ellen appreciates it.
    Read more