Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Media Cancha

    June 2, 2021 in Guatemala ⋅ ⛅ 75 °F

    Today, we listened to the Neil and Vela Show as Bob drove us to the hotel Barcelo to drop off our luggage.

    We then headed to our favorite steak restaurant. In the meantime, we waited for a team that arrived into The airport from Atlanta. The group of 9 were headed to Zacapa for 2 days and then Santiago at the lake for 2 days. The team is big into doing child sponsorships and continuing education.

    SMALL WORLD..BIG FAMILY story...in talking with Tracy, we found out that her adult son recently moved to Dallas, living in the Knox/Henderson area.

    The story gets better. Just 3 days ago, they decided to go to the 10:30 worship service at Northwest Bible Church. They heard the story of the bicycle trip and the book launching party on Sunday, the very reason we are going to Dallas tomorrow. Tracy was thrilled with the connection and what I call “Devine appointment”.

    Glenn asked the owner to come out and meet the group. The owner is a former semi pro soccer player from Argentina. Thus the delicious steaks. He loved meeting everyone. And he was even cooking the steaks!

    After lunch we walked to the Barcelo hotel. We enjoyed 1/2 hour in the pool.

    Our plane doesn’t leave til mid afternoon and tomorrow morning we will be getting with Marievelia and visiting with her for several hours. She needs some advice and Glenn is helping her sign into her social security account.
    Read more