Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Last day at Gamboa Rainforest Resort

    June 13, 2022 in Panama ⋅ 🌧 82 °F

    We’ve had an extravagant time with friends and co-workers at the Avant Ministries Latin America conference. About 120-150 folks were here.

    Glenn and I ate breakfast each morning out on the patio. The food was delicious and the presentation was creative.

    The speaker was from Houston and very good. Each morning after the sessions, we had informative time where we got caught up on finances, security and miscellaneous stuff.

    Afternoons were free. On Thursday most of the group headed to the Mira Flores Locks at the Panama Canal, however, Glenn and I stayed back and enjoyed the pool.

    We took the atrial tram and the Gatun Lake and monkey island excursion on Sunday. Fun. It rained most afternoon. Glenn would dump out a gallon of water from the dehumidifier unit in our hotel room each day.

    There has been some sickness. One couple got Covid and couldn’t come even though they lived In Panama City and had hosted 2 other couples. Those two other couples are sick now. And also several others.

    The US lifted the mandate that you have to be tested before flying. That’s good news.

    We’ll be staying one more night near the airport.

    Yesterday, AA cancelled their flight and so Glenn and I helped folks sort out the options. One couple can not leave until Wednesday.

    All and all, we had a great time.
    Read more