Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    3Score and Dinner with retirees

    December 12, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 57 °F

    We took Dad to 3Score Christmas program. Folks really enjoyed seeing him. We sat with Joe Hull and Ken Wiggers. It was good to see Lola, the Coxs, the Adams and many others.

    We helped dad with his prescription order at CVS. We saw mom several times and I told that I loved her.

    Glenn and I drove to South Arlington to meet up with retired missionary Rosellie that served in Brazil and also Craig and Barbara that served in Mexico, Spain and USA. Wow we had great conversations as we talked about each of our ministries.

    I gave them each a gift bag full of miscellaneous things such as devotional book, calendar, lotion and gift certificates to What-A-Burger and Chilies. It was great encouraging them and realizing how God was providing their every need. Rosellie mentioned that it was just 70 years ago this week when she and her husband took a 3 week boat/ship from New York City to Fortaleza, Brazil where they lived for 35+ years. Her husband died in 2018 I believe and her 60 year old son died of COVID-19 in 2020. She is still active in miscellaneous ministries in the area. Wow, what a great ambassador for Christ.

    Afterwards, we drove 93 year old Rosellie back home and we headed up I35W.
    Read more