Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Vila do Conde

    April 15 in Portugal ⋅ 🌬 20 °C

    A full sized day at 24km.

    We left Matosinhos at 8:30am and did 6km before stopping for breakfast at Cabo do Mundo. It took about 40 minutes to get out of Matosinhos and onto the ocean promenade.

    Most of the rest of the day was walking on wooden boardwalks over the dunes behind the beach with wonderful views of the ocean.

    Towards the end the sand had shifted to cover up the boardwalk so we had to slog through deep sand for a few stretches.

    The weather was sunny and perfectly clear with a cooling breeze, making for excellent walking conditions.

    We had lunch and a foot airing at Vila Chã, in a bar/bakery. Kev ordered a “Cachorro da Padaria” not knowing how big the thing was. With Dave’s help we did it justice.

    Then it was about 8km to Vila do Conde. We passed the very long and wide beach south of town where lots of surfers were enjoying the nice regular swell rolling in.

    We’ve checked in to Hotel Brazão near the centre of town.

    After getting clean and washing clothes we dined on some big prawns cooked in garlic, washed down with the house vinho verde. It was a tiny family run restaurant, Adega do Testas.
    Read more