Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 11

    O Porriño

    22 de abril, Espanha ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    An 18km day in beautiful weather and varied terrain. It’s good to be back in Galicia.

    We left our apartment at 8:50am and followed the riverbank before rejoining the official Camino route out of town.

    It was quite cool, requiring a jacket for perhaps 20 minutes. We were very soon in a very rural area and crossed some ancient Roman bridges.

    Then there was about an hour through beautiful tall forest, partly eucalyptus, walking on a well graded dirt path. A magical place, enhanced near St Elmo’s bridge of fevers by a bagpipe player. There is a very old Celtic culture in Galicia.

    After the forest we entered the village of Ribadelouro and had coffee and cake in a beautiful brand new coffee shop.

    The terrain is much more undulating than what we’ve seen, but nothing very steep so far.

    Some more walking through very quiet rural areas brought us to the edge of O Porriño. From there it was a pretty hot 5km slog in hot sun, with a welcome break in the middle for a lunch of tortilla, salad and Kaz Naranja Zero.

    We found our apartment a bit beyond the center of town. Entry was effected by the remote control of the owner and was a bit tricky, requiring her to send a video clip to us over WhatsApp to demo the correct technique.

    The place is small but very comfortable and big view from its 6th floor balcony.

    Cleaned up , laundered and went in search of further knee supplements and hop-based thirst remedies. The search was successful.
    Leia mais