Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Take the Toiletries

    April 10, 2018 in Japan ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    This happens everywhere really, but the hotel you stay in changes the quality of the merchandise they are desperate for you to take.

    Observations:

    Disney hotels offer the best toiletries because they are usually themed, but they also go through anniversary syndrome and periodically replace everything with a new range of stock anyway. Since we stayed at a Disney hotel as they were transitioning from normal stock to 35th Anniversary stock, the desperation to get rid of it on use became more... desperate...

    If you take any of it, they put more out. If you don't take it, they put more out.

    If you are a collector of Disney themed products on the other hand, you should really stay at a Disney hotel to harvest the goods.

    If you aren't a collector, but have spent all your money on a holiday you can recoup some of the costs by harvesting the toiletries and never buying any soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothbrushes and never paying for any of them at home for years - or till the next trip.

    Kaiju Collected:

    Commemorative tins and cups only - not enough space to harvest a few year's supply of toiletries this time.
    Read more