Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Hello Glasgow!!

    August 21, 2018 in Scotland ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    We've got a little AirBnB reserved for 5 days! We found our place! It's a long hike up a narrow circular staircase ...
    but the room is lovely. We walked over to a local eatery for breakfast. I had the chili corn fritters with pomegranite and pumpkin seeds and poached eggs. John opted for the Harissa ... black pudding ... avocado and poached egg. He rounded out the fare with a "white coffee" ... which looks like a cappucino ... but comes with a block of fudge on the side!

    And so ... the joys of our travels continued after I dragged John off the bed ... and we figured out the confusing local train system and arrived in Glasglow Central Station! John figured there were about 19 platforms! So we wandered around and found a nice place to have a glass of beer and wine. They had over 300 different beers ... and ... you ordered by downloading the APP, place your order with your table number and it would be delivered! As you can see ... ours was a nice table outdoors ... #111. We weren't adventurous enough to download the app ... we just did it the old fashioned way! ;-)

    And then ... we ventured back to the south of Glasgow where our AirBnB is located and sampled some more of the local fare. I had the the Beef Stroganoff ... it was lovely!! John ordered the "Haggiss, Neeps and Tatties" ... which he deemed to be delicious. I got brave enough to taste the haggis ... and it was good ... but I'd never ordrer it! I did, however, order two different desserts (to "take away") because we were too dang full to eat anything more. BUT ... we had to have a taste of the "Banoffee Pie" (which John says should be illegal!). It was, in fact, so scrumptious that we almost had nothing left to take away!! The Lemon Meringue would have seemed all the better were it not for the Banoffee ... which is banana and toffee (I'm guessing MacIntosh toffee -all sticky and gooey!)! John is still talking about it being the pie of the Gods.

    We've carried our stuffed bodies home now ...ready for some shut eye! Tommorrow is a new day filled with who knows what kinds of delights! We are so enjoying their "wee" accents ... :-)
    Read more