Satellitt
Vis på kartet
  • Dag 9

    Road Trip to Sayulita!

    11. februar 2020, Mexico ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    GAHS: When researching our trip, the old boy had discovered a funky little town north of PV that was highly recommended by Trip Advisor. And so, in honor of my birthday we booked a room and hopped on the bus to make our way to Sayulita. It would have cost us $500 pesos to take a cab (@$35 CAD) but we opted to save some money and take a bus for$81 pesos/person. One would expect to be dropped off right in the town of Sayulita ... but ... no. We were dropped off on the highway a few kilometers from the town site. I couldnt see any taxis anywhere so we wandered over to the gas station.

    GRATITUDES: Thank goodness a women on a motor cycle directed us to the line up of white multi-passenger vans lined up across the road. THEY were the taxis. Once we got close enough you could see the very wee, tiny taxi symbol faintly painted in front of the driver's door!!! Sheesh .... it cost us a other 70 pesos to get from the highway to the hotel! The price of the cab seems quite reasonable in retrospect. Such are the joys of travel. 🙄

    Sayulita has a very laid back, hippy vibe ... lots of artisans and locals selling their wares in quaint little shops that smell of incense and/or essential oils. The streets are lined with tables jutting out of restaurants and bars ... hoping to capture the tourists.

    GIFTS: We had some time to kill before we could check into our room so the old boy was in search of a good fish taco (again!!) and was recommended to try a little hole in the wall ... literally... a little hole in the wall on the corner. It was called Taco Gaby's. And well .... it was oh so good ... that we might have to go back!!! Oh ... and the taco cost 25 pesos. He had one later in a restaurant on the beach that cost 200 pesos! I probably don't even have to tell you which one was better, do I?

    We srolled the streets and found a Christmas ornament and then eagerly ventured over to our hotel to check in! Its always a bit nerve racking because you never really know, until you arrive, if you'll be happy with the room you booked. AND .... we were not the least bit disappointed with the room ... but .... the clouds moved in and the wind picked up and we probably won't need the a/c tonight after all.

    Our balcony overlooks the ocean and we were hoping to have a little beach time today ... but ... fingers crossed the sun shines again tomorrow because we were able to get a late day check out (5pm!) in hopes we'd be able to take advantage of the amenities here. 🤞🤞

    Before we headed out to supper we enjoyed the view from our balcony ... lots of people surfing in this area!! We went to "Mary's" for supper based upon the rave reviews ... but most disappointingly ... it was really salty. 😔 Fortunately, we have not yet had any ill effects ... and ... bought some homemade banana bread from a fellow walking the streets. It was delicious!!

    And ... although we rushed home in hopes of having a great vantage point to see the sunset ... the mountain impeded our view. We are not complaining though ... because the sights from our balcony are still pretty darn spectacular!!

    Good night from Sayulita .... 💛
    Les mer