Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Beachy Blessings!

    February 12, 2020 in Mexico ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    GOODNESS: Well .... we thought some beach time by the water in Sayulita would be a perfect addition to the Mexican heat .... but .... we no sooner arrived and the clouds and wind rolled in. We were hoping to see some sun this morning, but no. And yet .... how could one not be grateful anyway .... sipping our coffee on our balcony overlooking the ocean .... watching the hoards of seagulls, pelicans and garnets(?) squacking frenetically and jockeying for best position whilst impatiently awaiting the 5 gallon pail of fisherman's 'waste' (I.e. fish guts) to be tossed in their direction. I forgot how loud the ocean is!!! It seemed a bit calmer than yesterday (fewer surfers) but still so active.

    GRATITUDES: After a nice home cooked breakfast of veggie sandwiches, tomatoes and mangos we wandered the streets and meandered our way through a small local market. I picked up one of the signature symbols that hang across the streets from a little family who were selling them on a corner. I took a picture of the Mama holding up a pink one that she was currently creating! Apparently, these little mats are invitation to the divine for blessings .... blessings of all kinds.

    GASPS: A little further along, I wanted to take a picture of one of the bars that had swings for seats. The old boy positioned himself on the swing ... and then ... before he could even order a Cervasa .... he fell backwards off of it onto the sidewalk!! 😲😟😬 He said his head was okay ... and thankfully the bartender had some cotton balls and antiseptic for the wound on his arm (I'm guessing he's not the only one to take a tumble!). After that unwelcome surprise ... he opted to straddle the swing while he enjoyed his beer!

    GROANS: And somehow, completely unbeknownst to me, I ended up with bird shit on my blouse. 🤔🤨🧐 Thankfully, I packed a change of clothes.

    GIFTS: We have enjoyed our time here thoroughly ... despite the lack of sunshine! We even had 4 more of Gaby's tacos before heading back to Vallarta. It has been a grand little adventure but we are ready to reconnect with our amigos! Gratefully, our taxi driver arrived as scheduled and we arrived back at home in time to enjoy some fine dining together at our favorite corner hamburger and taco stands! 🤞🤞
    Read more