Satellit
Auf Karte anzeigen
  • Tag 2

    Surprise!!

    23. Juli 2020 in Kanada ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Our flight arrived 'on time' and were met by two vehicles ... Sharon driving one and John driving the other. We were whisked away to the Flying Beaver (a beautiful waterfront restaurant) where we enjoyed some drinks while Sharon went back to the airport to pick up Tiana and Janine. Our plan was to exit the restaurant and hide down the stairs on the other side of the road in the sunken parking lot behind the guard rails. That way, we could walk up the stairs and emerge one at a time after she, Janine and Sharon arrived at the restaurant!

    We were all crouched behind a cement wall along the edge of the roadway. We had to keep reminding Papa to crouch down lower because he is tall and he was holding the bouquet of helium balloons! And well, nothing ruins a birthday "Surprise!" more than seeing your Dad's head and a bunch of birthday balloons poking out from the side of the roadway! Ha Ha.

    Once they arrived at the restaurant, we each walked up the steps and emerged before our the birthday girl to join her as the birthday fun commenced!! Sharon video recorded it on her phone as she immediately wandered across the road to welcome each of us with a warm hug.

    We enjoyed some wonderful appetizers at the restaurant ... and ... imbibed a bit (perhaps excessively given that we started at 10:30am!) ... but, the energy of celebration was undeniable!

    We followed up our time at the restaurant with the best car ride ever on the way home to Auntie Sharon's house! Papa and I had Tiana, Janine and Brittany in our vehicle. Sharon asked us to dawdle a bit on our way home to give her, Krissy, and Schanell some extra time to get things set up at the house before we arrived with the birthday girl. We were instructed to stop at a particular liquor store to get some items we needed for home .. and so ... we pretended to be having some trouble finding said liquor store.

    The ride home was absolutely hilarious because ... the girls thought we actually did get lost trying to locate that particular location. We knew where we were going, but ended up having so much fun killing time on the way home.

    There may or may not have been some additional imbibing ... along with an impromptu stop at a different local liquor store to replenish our stocks. There was definitely some carpool kareoke-ing ... and ... lots of giggles and gaffahs and hilarity!! You must notice the look on Papa's face in the rear view mirror in one of those pictures!! 😂🤣

    And, the gals in the other car were having just as many laughs! Apparently a stop at Auntie Sharon's office was necessary for the partiers who were admittedly "three sheets to the wind" and needed to relieve their bladders of a bit of beer. It was hilarious to hear them speak about wearing their masks into the office ... trying to avoid eye contact with any of Auntie Sharon's colleagues. I can only imagine what was going through the coworkers minds as these masked pie-eyed people wandered past them trying to look sober .... 😷😜

    By the time we arrived at the house, the appetizers were being served and the smiles were simply getting bigger!! 😀😁😆
    Weiterlesen