Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    The Most Outfits Challenge!

    July 23, 2020 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Oh my ... who knew that by the time we got to the house ... we were just getting STARTED! 😉

    As more drinks were enjoyed, and the stories were told, the conversation turned to the packing for the trip. While most of us had arrived for the weekend with everything squeezed into our carry-on bags ... Schanell and Brittany opted to check a big bag in addition to their carry-ons. They got to discussing who actually could make the most outfits out of all they had packed! And so ... the 'Outfit Challenge" fashion show was ON!

    Each of them was to walk the outdoor 'runway' from the house and past the galley of spectators ... showing off their outfits. The trick was, though, that once they had used an item, it could not be used again. And so, in order to ensure there was no cheating ... they agreed that once an item was worn, it was to be taken off.

    And so ... they layered upon layered upon layered their garments. They both started to look like good year blimps !! At one point, Schanell could hardly bend her legs anymore to get back up the stairs. I believe they had 13 or 14 (?) different outfits were all layered up when they took a wee break for refreshments and smoking.

    I could be mistaken, but I believe the grand total of outfits was 17 (?) or someone else thought it was 19(?) unique and exquisite ensembles before one of them ran out of additional options. Oh ... Krissy was the most exceptional DJ for the fashion show! She chose some of the BEST ever runway tunes for the event! It was nothing short of completely hilarious to see them prancing along fashionably (in time with the music) ... striking the most model-like poses ... and ... receiving the hoots and hollers of their adoring fans!

    Oh, I should also share that their efforts were not simply for our appreciation! There was a PRIZE! In addition to a beautiful ceramic wine stopper … each of the spectators tossed in $10.So … the competition was both fierce and funny and financially lucrative!!!

    Funnier yet was watching them trying to get out of all those layers. It's exceptionally hard to disrobe when you can't bend your arms or see your waistline. And well ... they both took different approaches. Schanell struggled to get the first item off for a considerable amount of time. Brittany's strategy was to lay down to get the first few layers off.

    What no one expected was Schanell's somewhat 'aggressive' response when she realized that Brittany was perhaps losing layers faster than she was. Fortunately, Auntie Sharon caught the fiasco on video. It is attached here in two parts. Be sure to check it out!!! It was definitely a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ event!

    In the end ... the competition was deemed to be a TIE! Two beautiful, talented, creative winners indeed!! 🤩 We owe those gals a tremendous amount of respect for teaching us just how many options one has when they choose to check one bag for a weekend adventure!

    We laughed and laughed as we reminisced about that "push"! Yes, that "fashion show" will go down in history at one of the moments that we will all fondly remember!! Our supper ran a bit late because of the shenanigans, but it was a great start to the birthday bash.

    Well … I have to concede that some of us never even made it to the yummy supper that Sharon created for us! I will always regret not being able to stay up for the succulent shrimp skewers, salmon and cauliflower risotto that Sharon created! You never want to miss a meal that this culinary genius creates … they are all so darned delicious!!!

    But, I just couldn't do it. I was tucked tightly into my very comfy bed by 8:00pm. I think Janine was right behind me. And while it may sound lame, may I remind you that we started the party at 10:30am!! In our defense, I am well over 60 years of age and Janine is not a big drinker! We had put in a full 10.5 hours shift by 8:00pm!! I believe the birthday girl also hit the hay a wee bit early! I heard she snuck right after supper ... 😴😴😴

    All in all, Sharon was lamenting loudly the next day about being both shocked and saddened to be the lone partier who was still standing at 10:00pm on our first night of fun and frolic!! Gosh ... it truly was a really great day!!
    Read more