Satellit
Auf Karte anzeigen
  • Tag 3

    Grateful for Granville ...

    24. Juli 2020 in Kanada ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    After a great first night of food, fun and fashion ... coffee was on our minds as we all arose to greet the day. We had a little coffee maker in our room and despite my enthusiasm for a nice cup of hot java ... the stove wouldn't work so I couldn't bring my caffeine driven desires to fruition.

    I headed over the main house where the rest were sleeping because I knew the old boy and Auntie Sharon had purchased a brand new 12 cup coffee maker in honor of our collective arrival! Unfortunately they hadn't tried it out and it didn't work either!! Seriously ... how could this be happening??

    We remain indebted to the resourcefulness and quick thinking of Krissy who wisely ordered a big paper box of coffee from McDonald's and had Skip the Dishes deliver it to the house! I could have kissed her. Actually, I should have kissed her. 😘🥰

    We were all so darn delighted to be sipping that delicious brew out of that big box! ☕☕☕
    So, we simply ignored the mess we left behind from the party the night before and enjoyed reminiscing about the prior days fun and festivities while we caffeinated our bodies and got ready for day two of our birthday party adventure!

    So, we chatted and giggled as everyone rose up with their recollections of the prior evening. Oh my ... and some great video footage was taken! After a nice breakfast of sausage, bacon, eggs and toasted English muffins ... we headed out to Granville Island.

    Despite the slowed pace that Covid-19 has exerted upon us globally … it was no easy feat to find two parking spots at Granville Island. But, we did it! And, as we wandered around a bit, and shopped a wee bit ... we all got hungry. We headed over to the food court and each picked out the particular plate that would most please our palates. Janine and Tiana both enjoyed a Thai curry soup that Janine exclaimed was the BEST soup ever!! We knew it was true because every spoonful delighted her to core of her soul!!

    If I hadn't been enjoying my burrito so much, I might have been a bit envious. Thai food is my very favorite!! Janine even bought a jar of the curry stock to bring home. It was THAT good! John got to indulge himself with some oysters … and … although I can't recall what everyone else had, I do not recall hearing any complaints.

    The only concern we had were the birds. Yep. They were stationed strategically around the boardwalk waiting for a chance to swoop down upon some unsuspecting snacker who made the mistake of looking up or away from their plate. Yep. We watched a few people whose lunch was swooped up and snatched away before their very eyes!

    We thoroughly enjoyed the views and took a few pictures to capture the energy of the moment. Later, we found a table in one of the restaurants on the water's edge and while the partiers enjoyed a few more cool ones … this old gal opted for one more cup of coffee. I had learned from the night before that I would have to better pace my inner party if I wanted to stay up past dusk. 🙄

    And, because Granville Island is the most glorious food festival of all ... we each headed out to buy one thing to contribute to our Granville Island Style 'Potluck Dinner' that evening. I could hardly wait to see what people brought to the table! It didn't take the birthday girl long to find a nice cake for her contribution … and … it didn't take us long to find her sitting outside sipping a beer waiting for all of us to reconvene and head off for the next part of our daily adventure.

    It was a beautiful way to enjoy the splendor of Vancouver and all the sensational sights and sounds and smells that come with being near the ocean. With supper organized, we dropped our goodies off at the house and headed off to White Rock to experience happy hour on the beach.
    Weiterlesen